Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roy214
Level 7

Roku Ultra on LG drops Hulu connection at start of every show

So I have 2 of the Ultra 2020's and both have the same issue.  Older LG TV (55UF6450) 4K, wired or wireless doesn't make any difference. I have 40Mb DSL bonded internet service (I know, but its what I can get.)  Seems at the start of almost any stream and fairly regularly on long streams where we don't change programs, I get a Hulu connection error P-DEV320.  Hulu says reboot the router and the Roku.  Done that, still an hour or so later same issue.

Generally hitting the OK button is sufficient and the stream will continue.  If I connect my older Roku, I dont get this result.  Also, connecting the Ultra to a different TV (older Visio) seems to work ok.   I have tried manually setting the video to 1080p but it doesn't fix it. 

Seems like a synching issue but I don't know show to check that. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Zackw
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra on LG drops Hulu connection at start of every show

I have the exact same issue with a Roku Ultra 2020 and Hulu live.  At the top or bottom of the hour, at the end of a program, the DEV320 error appears.  It doesn’t happen every time, but it is a frequent occurrence.  

It especially happens if a Hulu program is one that has recorded or the next program is scheduled to record.  

I had the previous version of Roku Ultra on the same TV and did not experience the problem.  I have a total of 5 Rokus, and one Apple TV, and only the Roku Ultra 2020 gets the error.  

I’ve cleared the cache on the Roku, updated the software, deleted the Hulu app and reinstalled it.  That didn’t fix it.

danr
Level 7

I had the same issue with the 2020 Ultra. I called Hulu and went through all the steps like reinstalling the App, factory default and all. Had no luck. Mine gave the P-DEV320 almost always on the hour which is a Hulu error code. I just gave up and returned them. Put my 4670s back on and all is good again. I think these devices may be bleeding edge and not ready for prime time yet. Will try again when they get the bugs worked out. I was also experiencing audio level issues as well. Had to really crank it up to hear anything. Might be associated with the  new sound. I had the same experience on an LG as well as a Sharp. Did the same error on both.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 16

The Hulu app was updated today (11/13) to 6.36.0

It now supports 4K playback on the 4800 - and there are other fixes as well, which may or may not address these issues.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Roy214 @danr @Zackw 

Thanks for the post.

As @StreamerUser mentioned, can you please try to update the channel as there was a recent Hulu update and let me know if you are still experiencing this issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Zackw
Level 7

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@Roy214 @danr @Zackw 

Thanks for the post.

As @StreamerUser mentioned, can you please try to update the channel as there was a recent Hulu update and let me know if you are still experiencing this issue.

Thanks,
Danny

The Hulu update did fix the issue.  However my frustration with Hulu caused me to cancel it anyway.

0 Kudos
Roy214
Level 7

Now using the 3-37 B2 version of Hulu.  The P-DEV-320 now is more random but very frequent.  Some times more than 10 per hour.  Makes it totally unwatchable.  I set a different TV (also on an Ultra) where I could see both of them.  The Visio does not have concurrent issues. 

0 Kudos
Pugg
Level 7

Roku Premier+  will not start HULU everytime I turn on the Roku,  I do the Clear Cache routine to get it working  What is the answer to this problem? 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Pugg

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos