Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dustinr26
Level 7

Roku Ultra not connecting 4k HDR 60hz with Samsung MU8000 65inch?

As per title I tried a Vizio M70-E3 but the picture was bad had like a corduroy imprint no matter what you watched. Returned TV and got Samsung 65 inch MU8000 but it will not connect in Roku settings to 4k HDR 60hz only in 4k HDR 30hz. I asked multiple at Best Buy to verify it would work and they said yes. Vizio has no issue connecting that display setting in Roku. Any help is appreciated.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Roku Ultra not connecting 4k HDR 60hz with Samsung MU8000 65inch?

Unless Samsung has changed their default setting, UHD color is not enabled on the HDMI ports on the TV. Go into the menu. I think it's under the video settings, but could be mistaken. You need to enable UHD color for the HDMI port your Roku connects to. You can't get 60 Hz connections without changing it.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
dustinr26
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra not connecting 4k HDR 60hz with Samsung MU8000 65inch?

"atc98092" wrote:
Unless Samsung has changed their default setting, UHD color is not enabled on the HDMI ports on the TV. Go into the menu. I think it's under the video settings, but could be mistaken. You need to enable UHD color for the HDMI port your Roku connects to. You can't get 60 Hz connections without changing it.

I finally found that setting. Thanks for your reply also. Strange they have that setting hidden under External Devices and not Picture to me. 
0 Kudos