Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Ultra no Surround Sound

I got this Brans New just arrived 4802R Roku Ultra.  It has no surround sound.  Just work with front speakers.  Not the rear ones.  I have it connected to a Denon Receiver directly by the new HDMI cable included, as well as my Fire Stick.  The Fire Stick works great playing the same video as the Roku.  I have change the HDMI Cable and already switch the inputs between both devices.  Also I have change the output settings in the Roku system and try all the options it has.  No success!

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
swuede78
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Ultra no Surround Sound

Hello Roku Team, any feedback on this issue which I am facing also?

I had an earlier post on this in a different thread but it was closed without resolution.

Isolated the issue to Roku Ultra, other TV boxes I tested are having surround sound.

Regards,

swuede78

0 Kudos
swuede78
Channel Surfer

Hi @RokuDanny-R ,

• Roku device model: 4660X Roku Ultra
  • serial number: YJ009M430538
  • device ID: CK37C9430538
  • software OS/version: 11.5.0 Build 4235-46
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? Tested on both Netflix and Disney+, both not producing 5.1 surround sound and only output PCM 2.0. Disney+ shows 5.1 available but when movie is played, only PCM 2.0 is observed (am using Sonos Beam capable)
  • so, what channel and what version/build is the channel?
  • Netflix Ver 5.0 / Build 98079437
  • Disney+ Ver 1.26 / Build 2022101900
  • tracker ID - Unable to retrieve as when I press “home” button it exits the movie altogether
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing - Open Disney+, select “Civil War - Captain America’, start screens shows “5.1” availability but when movie is played, only PCM2.0
0 Kudos
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@swuede78 wrote:

Hi @RokuDanny-R ,

• Roku device model: 4660X Roku Ultra
  • serial number: YJ009M430538
  • device ID: CK37C9430538
  • software OS/version: 11.5.0 Build 4235-46
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? Tested on both Netflix and Disney+, both not producing 5.1 surround sound and only output PCM 2.0. Disney+ shows 5.1 available but when movie is played, only PCM 2.0 is observed (am using Sonos Beam capable)
  • so, what channel and what version/build is the channel?
  • Netflix Ver 5.0 / Build 98079437
  • Disney+ Ver 1.26 / Build 2022101900
  • tracker ID - Unable to retrieve as when I press “home” button it exits the movie altogether
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing - Open Disney+, select “Civil War - Captain America’, start screens shows “5.1” availability but when movie is played, only PCM2.0

Hi there!

Thanks for reporting this and all of your diligent details! 

Can we get your TV make/model (specific model number). Thanks!

Using your voice remote, hit your microphone button during playback of a movie where you're seeing this issue and say "get tracker ID."

Let us know!

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
0 Kudos
swuede78
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Ultra no Surround Sound connected to projector

Hello, @RokuAustin sure. I am using a projector connected to an eARC adapter called HD Fury Arcana, so my Sonos Surround Sound system can play 5.1 surround whenever its available. Now as I open up Disney Plus to stream “The Guardians of The Galaxy Holiday Special”, screen shows HDR10 and 5.1 available, however when I hit “PLAY”, my Sonos system only received “Stereo PCM”.

Note that when I changed out to another Android TV Box, surround sound works fins so its definitely the Roku Ultra causing the issue. Checked that “Volume Mode” is OFF as well.

I am unable to retrieve the Tracker ID somehow, microphone having issues “hearing”.

Regards,

0 Kudos