Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Roku Ultra loud electrical/buzzing sound when waking from standby

Purchased a new Roku Ultra (4800R) recently and am experiencing a loud electrical/buzzing type sound when waking it up from sleep mode in the morning.  This happens every few days and requires a restart to make the sound go away.  Previously had a Roku streaming stick on this TV with no such issues.  Anyone else having this issue and figure out how to resolve it? 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra loud electrical/buzzing sound when waking from standby

I am having the same issue. Any fix besides unplugging the power and reconnecting?

0 Kudos
Level 7

Yes I am having the exact same issue. Glad to know I’m not alone. Mine is the most recent Ultra. I have two of the previous version with no issues. I have to pull the power cord and completely reboot the device. I plan to contact ROKU for an exchange or return. I have others that work fine.

0 Kudos
Level 7

@Ranchr wrote:

Yes I am having the exact same issue. Glad to know I’m not alone. Mine is the most recent Ultra. I have two of the previous version with no issues. I have to pull the power cord and completely reboot the device. I plan to contact ROKU for an exchange or return. I have others that work fine.

Same here.  Curious to see what ROKU says about the issue.  Please keep us posted.  

0 Kudos
Level 7

Having same issue. Started hitting Roku home button before turning off tv or walking away. Been a few days since Ive last seen the issue. Might be a viable work around until Roku gets around to fixing this. 

0 Kudos