Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra loud electrical/buzzing sound when waking from standby

@AGrant

Thanks for the post.

If you are unable to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Clearly no one is able to resolve it or this post wouldn't be going on and on.  This is obviously an issue across users, taking it to a PM is kind of ridiculous when you have MANY customers having the same exact issue.

Ranchr
Channel Surfer

Not sure if this is a PM ? If it is write back to me at alhorrigan@me.com

the Serial # is X01000RGADM9

When the device wakes from sleep there is a loud buzzing noise. To stop it I have to disconnect the power cord.

0 Kudos
Ranchr
Channel Surfer

How do I PM? It's not obvious.

0 Kudos
tim11
Channel Surfer

Roku - update your code for hdmi audio on ultra's please!!!!!

0 Kudos
cap
Reel Rookie

Hi everyone. First of all, I am not a Roku employee. I am simply a fellow consumer who (appears to have) discovered an adequate (temporary) workaround for this issue, pending a software fix. Here is what I did:

From the Roku home screen, go to Settings -> Audio -> HDMI.

The default setting is Auto Detect. When I changed this setting to Auto Passthrough, the problem goes away. I haven't experimented with other settings, but this appears to be the source of the problem.

I hope this helps my fellow frustrated users...and will await my reward (and software fix) from Roku!

Shoobyone

@cap wrote:

Hi everyone. First of all, I am not a Roku employee. I am simply a fellow consumer who (appears to have) discovered an adequate (temporary) workaround for this issue, pending a software fix. Here is what I did:

From the Roku home screen, go to Settings -> Audio -> HDMI.

The default setting is Auto Detect. When I changed this setting to Auto Passthrough, the problem goes away. I haven't experimented with other settings, but this appears to be the source of the problem.

I hope this helps my fellow frustrated users...and will await my reward (and software fix) from Roku!

This worked like a charm on my 2017 Sanyo! Thanks

Ranchr
Channel Surfer

It worked. The noise was actually occurring and when I changed from Auto Detect to Auto Passthrough the noise immediately stopped. Why couldn't Roku figure this out and when will they do the software update to fix this problem? This is a real blackeye for Roku.

0 Kudos
jviper36

Seems to have worked for me with an LG OLED TV. I doubt ROKU will do anything to fix this. Imagine a non-employee of ROKU figured this out. Just tells you how hard they are working on this.

0 Kudos
JeffCH
Reel Rookie

I’m in the same boat. My cats go running in terror. Unplugging has worked, but is getting annoying. Look forward to reading the responses here. Jeff

0 Kudos