Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FC3
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Ultra loud electrical/buzzing sound when waking from standby

I have had the same issue, have had multiple sessions with Roku techs without success currently waiting for their solution while they research the issue-----but its been 6 weeks and it is past the return window now.  At first we could make sure we went back to the Home Screen before shutting down and that worked for a while, but now the only solution is to unplug the power supply prior to startup.  Roku----Please help.

tim11
Channel Surfer

Need help with this as well.  Bought 6 roku ultra's.  Only seems to be occurring on LG TV's in our setup.  Maybe something with SIMPLI-LINK?

kvarasdi
Reel Rookie

Anyone find a solution for this yet?  I am having the same issues with new Roku Ultra. My TV is a 4 year old smart 4K TV.  I am in communication with Roku and they are having me go through all of these silly steps to try and identify the problem.   They need to just admit there is a bug with this new Roku Ultra.  I've asked them for a refund on this product but they keep wasting everyone's time here.  

Crisofur

Mine does it too.  I have not figured out how to cure it but it will stop if u unplug the Roku power supply .  I guess it reboots it .  

tim11
Channel Surfer

Are there any official @Roku people on this thread who can give some input?  Samsung and LG TV's are experiencing this widespread issue.  Something to do with the changing of audio when turning the device OFF from an app then turning on when it goes to the homescreen.  As soon as we get back to an app it works.  This is a software bug 100%!

kvarasdi
Reel Rookie

I have been in communication with someone at Roku for several weeks now. They are making me go through the runaround of pointless trouble shooting methods.  "Try a factory reset"  "Try turning off the screen saver"  "Try changing HDMI ports" etc.  None of it is working.  The problem is actually getting worse.  The device makes the noise every time I turn the TV on now.  They have already sent me a new device and the problem persists.

I'm losing my patience with this company.  Just realize you have a problem and refund people.  I do not know what their business strategy is because this sure as heck isn't going to result in me ever buying Roku products moving forward.  

FC3
Reel Rookie

After numerous attempts and many hours with Roku tech support, they said that they would research the issue and get back to me via email.  This was 3 months ago, Amazon replaced the unit but the problem persists, only solution is to unplug the power supply to reset but you have to do this every time.  I can't afford to spend any more time with this and just replaced it with a Fire 4k with ethernet and it works great.

problem solved

kvarasdi
Reel Rookie

Roku has basically offered no solution to the problem after months of their "troubleshooting"  Several times I asked for a refund on the product as it is not performing as advertised and the stupid thing was $100 when it came out - no response at all from Roku.

My solution:  Sold the device on ebay for $60 and bought a Google Chromecast for $50.  And, I will never buy another Roku product again and will inform friends and family of this terrible company.

Problem solved.  

tim11
Channel Surfer

How much more business is Roku willing to lose over this simple software error?!!  Please fix the issue!!!

AGrant

My Roku Ultra is doing the same buzzing when you turn it on and it's coming out of "Standby".

0 Kudos