Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Ultra losing HDMI connection

I have a Roku Ultra connected to a Samsung UHDTV with HDMI. Occasionally while watching TV the screen will go black and audio will cut out, then after a few seconds it comes back on. I have changed HDMI cables and the HDMI port on the TV (moved cable from HDMI 2 to HDMI 1). The only way to get it to stop is to physically pull the power plug, wait a few seconds, then plug it back in. This will "fix" it for a few weeks to a month, then it comes back. It is definitely the Roku causing the issue. Let me tell you, this did not go over well during our Super Bowl party...

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra losing HDMI connection -No signal to TV

I just bought Roku ultra, connected to my brand new sony 4k tv and it worked fine. I switched tv off came back in a couple of hours and Roku will not connect to tv. I have changed HDMI cables, followed all the suggestions online but nothing works - No signal to tv. The Roku power light is on and not even flashing. I need a solution.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra losing HDMI connection -No signal to TV

You pulled the power cord to the Roku, waited a few seconds, then plugged it back in?

0 Kudos