Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
philosurfer
Level 7

Roku Ultra is turning on every 10 minutes since June 4, 2020 update

I've got a pretty simple setup: Roku to Nakamichi Shockwafe soundbar to Samsung MU6300 TV. It's been working just fine for about 7 months, but after the June 4th update it's been starting itself every 10 minutes (or so) after turning off. I control the system with the Roku remote (yes, the batteries are fresh - on all remotes), turning it on and off that way (the other pieces then go into standby).  I've tried everything I can think of, which wasn't much: battery check, move the Ultra away from a strong power source, fiddling with the system-to-tv settings; nothing (obviously) has worked. The only solution is to unplug the Roku when I'm done watching (and then the TV isn't turned on and off, ...), and it seems to be pot luck whether or not I have to re-enter passwords after restarting. Oh - one other symptom to add: I've seen it (when it has started up on its own) showing the screen for a second or two, blacking out, then repeating the action; at one point there was some kind of HDMI message on the screen (I'm using a fairly new 2.2 cable), but it didn't stay around long enough for me to get the gist. I hope there's a Roku tech who reads this and can help - but all suggestions are welcome.

Rich

0 Kudos