Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Ultra freezes and reboots

My Roku Ultra periodically freezes and reboots.  This happens on multiple streaming services. I have two Ultras, and only one does this.

I have unplugged and restarted many times.  Have also done manual system update and verified that software is latest.

Have seen topics on this forum on this happening with Nintendo devices nearby.  I have nothing at all from Nintendo in the house.

Another issue, possibly related, is that I see ghost images on the aquarium screensaver.  These look like images from video.  One was a license plate appearing on the Roku rock in the aquarium.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra freezes and reboots

Here are photos of system info.

System InfoSystem InfoSystem Update 1System Update 1System Update msgSystem Update msg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

I would say you need to investigate 'Ground Looping'.

And grounding

It looks like you have a lot of Router Traffic.

I'm not a huge fan of Netgear you can try toggling QoS.

If youre using Ethernet use one of the middle Ethernet ports.

You can also swap positions of the two Roku's and see if its confined to one.

It looks like an older TV try lowering the Display type setting to 720p.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I'm experiencing the same issue. I often find the ROKU has rebooted overnight. It's extremely frustrating. It also happens sometimes while I'm  scrolling through menus. My Roku Ultra (4660, 4661, 4662 series) has been doing this since the last firmware update.

Haven't been able to find a solution. As for the router being a possible issue, I disagree. I have been using the same Mikrotik router for a long time and only recently started having this problem on ROKU.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Well you can try the older OS version

You can sometimes get the previous version of the firmware during the rollout of a new version from the "Secret Screen" (press Home 5 times, FF 3 times, Rewind twice). Choose "Update software" and it may offer the previous version as an update.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos