Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tbaudoin
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra flashing during streaming and switching to input

Latest Status:  The Roku Ultra is up and running, no hitches except Netflix randomly loosing the 4kUltra banner.  I have to log out of Netflix and log back in -then it returns until?  can be days before it happens again. 

On the setup: Roku Ultra -> Anthem MRX720 ->Sony XBR75X940E.  All controlled by Control4 remote IP/wifi control.  The trick to my NOT having flickering was to set the Roku to output 4:2:2 chroma.  4:2:0 causes unrecoverable issues where I have to hard boot the Ultra to get it back.  Anyway, hope this helps someone.

Regards,
Terry.
0 Kudos
mkiker2089
Level 7

I had a similar issue but mine was letting the TV try to switch refresh rates in the advance picture setting. I just wanted to test it since the Roku is probably better at handling it than the TV so leaving it off was my intention anyway.

My understanding is that 4.2.0 is going to be visually indistinguishable from 4.2.2 so to get the best bandwidth just leave it on the 0 setting. In theory 2 has more data.
-Marshall-

Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv.
I know nothing, I see nothing, I wasn't there,
and if I was there, I was asleep.
0 Kudos
Tbaudoin
Level 7

Yea, I'm wise to needing the input set to accept "Enhanced" signal.  It supports 4K60 4:2:0, 10bit 4:2:2 & 4:4:4.  Not sure why it freaks out my display set to 4:2:0, but as long as I'm not having streaming and connectivity issues, I'm really grateful.  finger's crossed.  Big Shoutout to Rtings.com for their review of the Sony.  It's good information.
0 Kudos
Tbaudoin
Level 7

UPDATE:  4:2:2 was definitely my solution.  8 days and many hours of streaming later.  It's been solid.  Only the netflix app issue remains.  Today I deleted the app and reinstalled it.  Maybe this will solve it.  Dunno, but very grateful for the 4:2:2 setting. 
0 Kudos
marcryan71
Level 7

I just bought a brand new TV yesterday and I was getting the screen flicker on Netflix when in 4k. I tried all the different settings I could, and even went online to buy new cables. But this 4:2:0 vs 4:2:2 sub-sampling did the trick! No more flicker when I bounce in and out of Netflix. Thank you!
0 Kudos