Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qual1ty00
Level 7

Roku Ultra - denon avrx2400h - problem

Hi,

I am the owner of both Roku 3 and Roku Ultra players. I received ultra today and there is a little issue. Whenever I want to go to av receiver options / check info on active speakers - the screen will go blank and details will show up on black screen instead of on Roku player (I hope you understand me Smiley Happy ). Also the volume change level bar is not showing at all, this problem only exists on 4K display settings, in 1080p it works ok on both ultra / roku 3. Is there anything I can do? 
0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Roku Ultra - denon avrx2400h - problem

Need further information. What TV are you connected to? Is the volume bar something that the TV generates, or your AVR? Is your Denon set for video passthrough, or is it providing any scaling? 
In my system, my TV will show a volume bar if I am using the TV remote, but since I use CEC it will still adjust the volume of my Yamaha AVR, which also places a volume display on the screen. If I use the Roku remote to control the volume, the TV bar doesn't display, but the AVR bar does. It's possible the volume bar doesn't work at 4K, if it's coming from the Denon and something isn't configured correctly in its menus. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos