Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra audio dropouts/distortion/sync

Jump to solution

Same here. It would be nice if someone for Roku customer care would let us know what the problem is here and what they’re doing to fix it. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I’m using a Roku Uktra with a Denon AVR-X4400 receiver. Watching the Plex channel, switching volume levelling to off does not resolve the audio drop out issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue on my ultra 4660, it happens whenever time the box isn't used for a day or so, it happens an all apps, (however a restart always fix that issue) but it's becoming very annoying as the box is just over a year old I bought it in november of 2018, this is my fifth roku box and I'm not happy with this one at this time...... as I said above A restart always fix this problem!!,   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Right, but is rebooting, every time it happens a, "fix" or a bandaid? Like Mark Twain said, "Quitting smoking is easy, I've done it a hundred times."

Roku CS.... WHERE ARE YOU? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

*Update*

So, I've tried all the recommendations. PCM settings, reboots, etc... Sound has only gotten worse. I didn't feel like cracking it open (Potentially voiding warranty) to diagnose a potentially faulty thermal paste install situation, so I decided to engage Roku customer support via their website. 

I just submitted it for a return/replacement request via Roku Customer Support website. That process says I should expect a call from Roku within 5 business days. 

I'll update when I get a resolution. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

rabidsquirrel? are you using an AVR receiver/processor to process your HDMI cable audio/video from the Roku Ultra before going to the TV? (long story short my audio dropout/distortion problems went away completely after I disabled the audio in settings by setting it off and restart the box) 

having said that even if you don't use the above-mentioned setup, give the audio setting a try-" set it to off"  good luck hope it helps

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

I would personally be pissed if they got back to you so quickly since I've been waiting since Nov 2019! Even with blackhole phone call!

OK the first phone call back was rudimentary troubleshooting.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Perfect fix! 

0 Kudos