Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
HankD
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra audio dropouts/distortion/sync

Same problem. If I unplug it it if fixed for a few days...

Wondering if it's a great issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
davidrl61
Level 7

Just yesterday the sound through my Roku Ulta began to sound choppy. I saw the Roku Community Manager post about turning pressing * and turning sound leveling off. I did that and the sound issue was corrected. I turned leveling back on, and sound was still good.

Highlighted
jamescperry
Level 7

I had the same problem. Reboot was the only way to fix it until I found this forum.  Turned off Volume Leveling and the problem went away instantly.  Software issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
WillFulmer
Level 7

Same issue here - isolated to ONLY the Roku Ultra, no Roku Smart TVs or any other devices.

The only way to fix this immediately without a reboot/restart of the Roku Ultra device is the following

Thanks @ChgoDavid !

• Press * 
  • Scroll to Volume Mode
  • Select OFF by scrolling right 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
ChgoDavid
Level 7

@WillFulmer We owe thanks to someone else in this forum! I'd tag them if I could remember who it was without scrolling... and I'm too lazy to do that. I must say while I'm VERY thankful for this forum, it would be even better if Roku would fix the problem and send out a software fix so people don't have to search online for this solution! That said, I'm glad it was resolved because I was sick and tired of restarting the **bleep** device every time I wanted to stream something using the Roku Ultra.

0 Kudos