Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
siskiyous
Level 8

Re: Roku Ultra audio dropouts/distortion/sync

This is my third Roku, a new upgrade, and I am having this issue also, very disapointed in this roku. guess I'll plug in the express and maybe try one of those amazon firesticks??  This is a major bummer

0 Kudos
Highlighted
mzubb
Level 7

Fairly new Roku Ultra here and am also getting choppy audio on all apps.  Once every few days I have to reset the Roku to fix. Has anyone heard from Roku support on this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Lmaris
Level 8

Thought I'd share an update.

My 2019 Ultra (the newest version bought at 1/2 price on Black Friday) has never had the problem, only the 2018 version Ultra and Preimiere+

Over Christmas I bought a TCL Roku TV (also at 50% sale) for my bedroom and it does not have the problem either. 

I have concluded the issue is planned obsolescence.  

Highlighted
siskiyous
Level 8

Hi, I bought my Ultra from roku two weeks ago. Never had a problem with any of the other rokus I have owned. I hope it dosen't continue that is a non starter in my view

0 Kudos
Highlighted
sbellamy3
Level 7

Prior to this upgrade, I highly recommended Roku over Firestick. I tend to be sought in our area as being a "resident expert". Obviously, a title of undeserved hyperbole, but I talk to very many people. I spoke as an "expert" in our community club in early December. At that time, I was recommending Roku.

Now, given this problem and what seems to be a lacking response to a fix from Roku, I have rescinded my Roku recommendation and now recommend Firestick.

I just still say that my "fix" earlier in this thread, setting VOLUME MODE to OFF, has addressed my issue on a Roku Ultra. I no longer have the problem.

Highlighted
ToddNJ
Level 8

Model: Roku Ultra 4670X
Software Version 9.2.0 Build 4806
Display Type forced to 1080p HDCP1.4
TV: Samsung 46" Series 7

I have the same issue, in addition I'm suspicious that my Roku Ultra is rebooting.

Prior to having this Roku Ultra, we had a Roku 3 plugged in, using the same 12" high quality HDMI on the same input on the TV.   We wanted to add Roku to another TV, so we upgraded our main TV and moved the Roku 3 to a new location.

For us, the menu clicks are usually OK, as you navigate through menu or channels, sometimes distorted, but usually not.   The "Di-Dink" which is the sound that you hear when in ressing the home button is garbled every time.

Not happy at all with the new device.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
crow2016
Level 7

I have the problem with audio going south on YouTube (which we run a lot), Prime, or Hulu but then any channel we try does the same thing.  Only fix that works (3-4 days usually) is restart the Roku.  FYI the TV brand etc has nothing to do with this as our Roku 3 doesn't do this and the TV has not been changed.

Running an Ultra with the latest software release.  Problem appeared when 9.0.0 was installed.  Updates since have not resolved the problem.  Been running an Ultra for months before release 9.0.0 and never had this happen.  Running Frontier 30 mb FIOS and generally have nothing else on the network active with the occasionally tablet active. 

WHEN is Roku going to figure this out?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tel864
Level 8

I'm glad I stumbled across this post. I've been fighting this for some time now and have tried about everything even replacing my HDMI cable. It's to the point that we just reboot the Roku before we even start watching TV now because the cutouts make shows unwatchable. I purchased an AppleTV a couple of weeks ago that worked perfectly and if not for that sliver of a remote and the fact that I just don't do Apple, I would not have returned it. 

Highlighted
Telo62
Level 9

I would encourage everybody to announce the **bleep** customer service on Twitter. ROKU Ultra is messing up in so many new ways...including the remote, weirdly pausing the video twice, not starting a program but instead going to the Roku start window. GO TO TWITTER AND MAKE SURE THEY HEAR YOU! I've asked for a refund or replacement in NOV 2019...nothing.

Now, Twitter will tell you to respond via DM... tell them to go to the online forum... All info is here. Good luck all

0 Kudos
Highlighted
shellshell46
Level 7

ok, for those of us who are not tech geeks... how do you do the hdr subsampling?

0 Kudos