Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Telo62
Level 9

Re: Roku Ultra audio dropouts/distortion/sync

Well Roku CS? Now that we know, we are not isolated incidents, what do you have as the fix? We cut our cords for Roku...help us keep it that way! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Lmaris
Level 8

The raspberry sound describees well what my bedroom TV + Roku Ultra (2018) has been doing.

I first swapped out the HDMI cord and it solved the problem for maybe a couple days.

Then it came back, so I unplugged the ethernet and went with WIFI thinking maybe that might help since the other TV&Roku worked without problem, but it made no difference

So I thought maybe it was the TV's sound card so I got a sound bar as a work around.  It worked well for a couple days but again reverted to the buzzy sound, and now the 2018 Ultra itself was starting to whine.

I had upgraded my livingroom's Roku to the 2019 Ultra and brought the Premiere+ which had been there to the bedroom to replace the 2018 Ultra since it could be upgraded to a higher build.  It solved the problem...for 3 days.  Now it too is buzzing and whining.

The Amazon Fire does not make noise, nor does the DVD player, or OTA broadcasting.  Just the Rokus.

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Telo62
Level 9

Roku Customer service? Anything yet? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
sbellamy3
Level 7

I have the same problem with audio distortion starting about 2 months ago. Distortion on all channels. No problem with my TVs with built in Roku. No problem with 3 Firesticks.

Set Volume Mode to OFF and all is well. There's some issue related to LEVELING.

Highlighted
wolfain
Level 7

In the last couple of weeks, after the most recent update, 13th DEC 2019, I think, after a certain period of time.. the sound gets garbled, whether its from netflix, plex or even just the roku main menu (menu sounds) get garbled. 

Its very odd. I do a system reset and its fine, and it comes back after a while. Any solution to this issue? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Zerowolf
Level 7

Having the same issue as everyone else, since the update I get distorted sound on Roku that makes it hard to listen. Unplugging it and plugging it back in to reset works for a short time and then it comes back again you seen dozens of post on here come on Roku customer support when are you going to respond?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Telo62
Level 9

Customer service has been TERRIBLE in terms of any response! After supporting Roku's since year 1, it's sad, but it's time to move on. Time to let social media know to NOT get the latest Roku devices...and perhaps move to another streaming device. Buh bye

0 Kudos
Highlighted
nikopiko
Level 7

Same here, multiple audio and visual issues. 

1: Audio and/or visual drops out for no apparent reason while watching. 

2: When using FF or RW it seems to automatically turn on the CC function for something like 15 seconds  and then it turns off again. 

3: Audio sync gets frequently off by like 5 seconds, most noticeable when video starts from "auto-play next episode" feature. 

4: The Ultra seems to frequently adjust its video output settings from say "1080P @ 60hz" to "1080P @24hz" for example. Which in turn is causing my Denon AV receiver and/or my BenQ projector to also constantly adjust itself accordingly causing more video interruptions.  

5: Get varius playback error codes, mostly Hulu.  

Never had these issues with the AppleTV I'm trying to replace on the same setup. Thought I'd try out the Ultra since the the Roku built into my TCL TV works pretty good, but so far the Ultra has been a buggy mess. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3ultra
Level 7

Same here -- Roku ultra has *horrible* audio sync issues after software updates.

Issues go away temporarily on a reboot or unplugging/re-plugging the HDMI cable but always comes back. Tried many, many combinations of setting to resolve with no lasting results.   

I have used Roku for year but this is a major deal breaker and I'm about to move to something else -- Roku CS ... what on earth is going on??  Is there a fix on the way?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Ricka115
Level 7

I have the same issue have to reboot the roku every 3 days or so

0 Kudos