Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra audio dropouts/distortion/sync

Jump to solution

I have 4662 ltdoing it to

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

In the beginning, I was leaning towards a possible thermpaste dry & overheating issue. My resolution at the moment is: 

I added an audio splice appliance that splits the audio into 2 channel from the hdmi. All audio that travels the 2 channel mode never cuts out or is out of sync, ever!

This audio cut out issue started after the last software update, so I'm sure its software related.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Having the issue as well.  Leveling seems to have fixed it but don’t understand why the flagship Roku does this.  Agree a response from Roku on this would be appreciated.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

In been getting audio drop outs for split second with the Disney plus app. Mainly watching the clone wars, I watched 4 episode last night, first episode had no drop outs at all, but as the evening went on they started to become more frequent. 

What's strange, I can rewind the scene where the drop out occurred and it wouldnt be there. The sound would normal. However, I dont get any drop outs on any other apps, well not that I notice. I dont even get any drop outs on other Disney plus shows. Watch full episode of manderlorian, no drop outs.

I've got a sony ag8 TV, I'm using the built th speakers.

Just so hard to to tell what's causing this. I have volume leveling switched off. Should I try switching it on? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have a 2018 Roku ultra, I will often set the sound leveling to night time as to keep the loud bass noises from keeping up my kids. once the sound stops working, and for me that means the sound stops completely, once I change the leveling to normal or off, the sound returns. Very frustrating

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I have two Roku Ultras with the same audio sync issues on both. They occur regardless of the app from which I am streaming. One Roku goes through a receiver and the other is hooked directly to the television. Volume level and Volume Mode are Off. There are no other settings to play with. 

The sound starts off fine - there is a momentary glitch in the audio at some point - and then the lip sync is off. The only way to get it back to normal is to restart the Roku. It has been happening two or three times in an hour program. It seems to be getting worse. 

I've owned over a dozen Rokus and have never had this kind of recurring problem. I am just about ready to look for an alternative. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Same thing happens to me! It just started this a few months back. Sounds drops completely or it comes all jammed up sounds like a robot from **bleep**! I’m sick of turning off Roku, unplugging then plugging back in restarting the Roku...it’s becoming a pain. Now with them not getting HBOmax, I’m gonna ditch this all together and go back to Apple TV!! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

On another Roku thread, a poster advised that Roku just rolled out an update to the software. I now have 9.3, Build 4170 on my 2 Ultras. Time will tell if this software update solves the lip sync issue. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I guess that's a good thing, but for me, too little, too late. I've shutdown my Roku and now have 5 Firesticks. 

I've been in local speaking engagements recommend against Roku. Sad, because I was a big Roku proponent a year ago. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi we will be playing something on Hulu and then during a commercial the commercial will pause on the screen and the audio will continue then please help this rocky is brand new!!! 

[personal information removed]

0 Kudos