Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra audio dropouts/distortion/sync

Jump to solution

I had the same problem. Reboot was the only way to fix it until I found this forum.  Turned off Volume Leveling and the problem went away instantly.  Software issue.

Level 7

Jump to solution

Same issue here - isolated to ONLY the Roku Ultra, no Roku Smart TVs or any other devices.

The only way to fix this immediately without a reboot/restart of the Roku Ultra device is the following

Thanks @ChgoDavid !

• Press * 
  • Scroll to Volume Mode
  • Select OFF by scrolling right 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

@WillFulmer We owe thanks to someone else in this forum! I'd tag them if I could remember who it was without scrolling... and I'm too lazy to do that. I must say while I'm VERY thankful for this forum, it would be even better if Roku would fix the problem and send out a software fix so people don't have to search online for this solution! That said, I'm glad it was resolved because I was sick and tired of restarting the **bleep** device every time I wanted to stream something using the Roku Ultra.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having the exact same problems with this new Roku Ultra.  Samsung TV and Denon amplifier as well. I dropped my cable provider as well to go to this new system and it is awful.  My problems occur with Netflix, Amazon, and the other paid providers.  UTubeTV is working fine.  None of it makes sense but my options are to return the Roku Ultra, and to have another service call from my audio visual company, which is very expensive.  I give up.

Please help.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Could you please tell me what you did to fix the problem?  Even disconnecting and reconnecting the Roku is not helping but for 1 minute. Thanks.

Tracey

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Go into an App/Channel, during playback do the following: 

• Press * 
  • Scroll to Volume Mode
  • Select OFF by scrolling right 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

My volume mode has been set to off since I got the Ultra.  Problem just started when I went to play You-Tube.  Been dropping out ever since.  I tend to agree it is a hardware issue possibly caused by heat.  Something is causing sync issues thru the hdmi output.  Hope someone comes up with a practical fix or Apple TV it is! Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Still a problem on March 1, 2020.. even the system sounds are garbled ( when you hit a button) Roku Ultra ... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

I can;t get a menu to pop-up during playback mode. But really it doesn't matter. Roku Ultra has so many issues, it's hard to deal with it anymore. The sound issue that I originally had is almost all gone (I think because I took it off the AUTO mode and kept it on 1080 (or whatever) which really screws with the 4K pic...but whatever). Now the issue is when I start a program (like Netflix, etc...mostly happens with the crappiest of interfaces YouTube) I start the "show" and the Roku goes to a green screen (my wife would call it BLUE) where I need to press the HOME button, and restart the APP and navigate to the show again. AWFUL. And still Roku Customer Service is totally unresponsive!!!

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I've had this problem since I upgraded from my old Roku to Ultra last month. Thanks for sharing the simple (three-second) fix for distorted audio.

0 Kudos