Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Roku Ultra audio dropouts/distortion/sync

Jump to solution

Thee is a kind of heat pad/paste on the lid that is supposed to match the underlying chip. However, it gets loose with time or is not present at all. Mine just did not have one. My friends had a warped one.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Tuning Audio off on the Roku??? How?

Thnx!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

While playing an application press the * star button and turn the audio mode off

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

This is the definitely a software issue, it has happens over hdmi as either enabling private listing over the ios app or plugging in headphones onto the remote briefly allows the audio to come back to normal.

This issue happens on multiple TVs, on all Apps. Roku needs to release a software fix for this issue as it always comes back and it only started after the latest software release (9.2.0.4807)

Any official response from Roku yet?

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

No, I actually returned my stick plus and got the ultra and haven’t had any issues. Fingers crossed it’ll stay that way. I haven’t  heard anything  new from Roku. Hopefully a new software update will fix the issues for most people. I updated to the newest firmware and I don’t have the problem like I did on the stick plus, so I’m not really sure what’s happening...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

This worked like a charm for me! Thank you SO MUCH.

Press * 

Scroll to Volume Mode

Select OFF by scrolling right 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I was having problems. Turned off leveling and all is good. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Our roku started acting up in past days. After about 20 mins of watching tv, the sounds becomes distorted. Turn off, wait a few mins, and back on will fix it. Happens every time. Is there a fix for this? I've read the roku threads and really dont see an answer....thank you. 

Sony ten plus years old

Yes, on all apps on the device

No

Stereo is set in settings

Confirmed leveling is not on

Level 7

Jump to solution

Same problem. If I unplug it it if fixed for a few days...

Wondering if it's a great issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Just yesterday the sound through my Roku Ulta began to sound choppy. I saw the Roku Community Manager post about turning pressing * and turning sound leveling off. I did that and the sound issue was corrected. I turned leveling back on, and sound was still good.