Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ehall123
Level 8

Roku Ultra - Video goes black

Recently when watching the Roku, the picture will go black for several seconds then come back on.  I am using a high speed 4k HDMI cable.  I tried switching inputs on my Yamaha 3060.  I also tried several troubleshooting steps I found on YouTube.  No luck so far.  Can anybody help?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RkkMe
Level 9

Re: Roku Ultra - Video goes black

Check advanced video settings to match refresh rate to content? Usually there's a slight blackout period at the beginning of streams/files when that refresh syncs, but it is generally very brief, like no more than a second. Toggling it on / off might help identify. 'Auto-adjust display refresh rate'

0 Kudos
Ehall123
Level 8

Thanks for the reply.  I'm not certain what you mean buy match refresh rate

@RkkMe wrote:

Check advanced video settings to match refresh rate to content? Usually there's a slight blackout period at the beginning of streams/files when that refresh syncs, but it is generally very brief, like no more than a second. Toggling it on / off might help identify. 'Auto-adjust display refresh rate'

The blackouts are happening periodically during the show I'm watching and not at the beginning of the stream.  I will change to auto adjust refresh rate and experiment with that and then switch back.  thanks 

0 Kudos
Delite
Level 8

When the screen goes black, when it comes back on do you see a "dolby vision" logo in the upper right hand of your screen? This issue is occurring since the last Roku firmware update. Take a look at this thread....maybe it will help. 

https://community.roku.com/t5/Playback-Issues-Audio-Video-Power/Occasional-flashes-to-black-with-Dol...

0 Kudos
Ehall123
Level 8

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.  No, no dolby Vision logo at all.  Interesting.....since the update?  Yeah, I did the update a few days ago.  Very disappointing....I've been burned by updates before.  Unless there is a problem, I think I will most likely avoid updates in the future...

thanks again.

0 Kudos