Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frustr8dRkuUsr
Streaming Star

Roku Ultra Version 11 and Vizio HDMI - No longer detects 4K display

Jump to solution

Just updated my two Ultras that are on differening Vizio 4K TVs.  The display has changed to Detected: 1080P Dolby Vision HDCP 2.2.  If I do an auto detect then the three icons show up as "!" and is reports it does not support HDMI 4k HDR.  This is with the HDMI cable provided by Roku in the box and that was running 4K HDR fine in version 10.5.  Autodetect worked fine before.  Now nothing.

I can change the display to Dolby Vision 4K and it lets me override the autodetect manually.  It gives green checks for 4K but warns of 4K Dolbyvision at 30fps.

The TV shows it getting a 4K signal and it works.  I am just concerned about picture and question if the signal I am getting is the right quality.  If I leave it at autodetect then the TV plays the app at 1080P and the TV reports the lower resolution.

This happens on two different models of Vizio TV.  And it didn't do this before with the same equipment, just the version 11 upgrade.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Ultra Version 11 and Vizio HDMI - No longer detects 4K display

Jump to solution

@Frustr8dRkuUsr 

Depending on your Vizio model, you may need to connect it to a different HDMI port (that supports 60Hz DV/HDR), and/or enable the "Full UHD Color" option via the Input Settings.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Frustr8dRkuUsr 

Depending on your Vizio model, you may need to connect it to a different HDMI port (that supports 60Hz DV/HDR), and/or enable the "Full UHD Color" option via the Input Settings.

0 Kudos
Frustr8dRkuUsr
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Yowza.

A quick and easy solution.

I know exactly how this happened too.  I got a replacement TV from Vizio.  Then the Roku upgraded having been off for a week.  I had been trying for weeks to make it upgrade before this.  With the new TV happening the port went back to factory settings.  I tried other ports, cables and then swapped my other Roku Ultra HDMI cable.  Now neither TV was on a good port.  You have to set the HDMI port to handle UHD.

I set them accordingly and the detect worked.  I still don't like that the autodetect doesn't show a green check mark while it is scanning and shows a "!" instead.  That seems like it is questioning the ability to use the port.  You have to pay attention to the last line that says that it will run in dolby vision 4k.  A smiley face or green check mark would be a better response.

All seems good now.  Thanks goodness.

0 Kudos