Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gistane
Level 7

Roku Ultra Unable to display 4k UHD HDR 60 issues with Sony Projector

I have a new Sony Projector VPL-VW260ES which I believe in the US is VPL-VW285ES

When I do a scan with the Roku Ultra it comes up to say the best I can display is 4k UHD HDR 30 frames. Now I know this projector is capable of 60frames. WIth my Xbox One X I am able to get it to display HDR 60frames
Anyone had this issue or know why the Roku Ultra wont display it? I have messed around with the settings going between 4:2:2 and 4:2:0. I have also tried with the projector between having the HDMI set to normal and to enhanced
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Deckard_9732
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra Unable to display 4k UHD HDR 60 issues with Sony Projector

Hi Gistane,

Advanced display settings > Auto-adjust display refresh rate > Selet 'Disabled'

This will allow it to display 50/60 fps ... If 'Enabled' it will display the native format of 24/30 fps.

As far as the HDR subsampling > 4:2:2 or '4:2:0' ... I have been unable to use 4:2:2 even though it is supported.

I hope this helps!
0 Kudos
gistane
Level 7

Do you have the same projector?

I checked that setting and it was already on disabled
0 Kudos
Deckard_9732
Level 7

If that setting is disabled > great!

Check the Sony Projector manual to see which frequency/frame rate is supported at 60Hz/60fps? I would assume anything Smiley Happy

The 'Display type' must be set to match the frequency > I suggest 'Auto detect'

If the display type detected is '4k 30Hz TV' you will only get 24/30 fps.

If you want '4k 60Hz TV' you must have a 2.0a HDMI cable which supports HDCP 2.0 or higher.

Cheers, Mark
0 Kudos
Deckard_9732
Level 7

Hi ... Check projector firmware version to see if there has been an update?
0 Kudos