Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rider1008

Re: Roku Ultra Stuck on bouncing logo

Jump to solution

Thanks so much, I removed my sd card and it started right up.

0 Kudos
melloyello
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

thanks ,after taking sd card out worked it booted up 

0 Kudos
PANDORA1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I unplugged it from the power source, waited 5 seconds, Voila ....it's back working Thanks

Yelgnit

Jump to solution

I did that too. Unplugged stick from tv usb and hdmi, waited 10 seconds, plugged back in and worked. 

0 Kudos
blimj64

Jump to solution

he hidden recessed reset button   Just where is this secret button?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@blimj64 wrote:

he hidden recessed reset button   Just where is this secret button?

Depends on the device. Most players have a small hole on the back or bottom. But some players just have a soft touch button built into the bottom of the case. It takes a firm press, so not like you can do it accidentally, especially since you must hold it for a minimum of 30 seconds for the hard reset to occur. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Marcos8202
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm unable to setup Roku. It connects to my network and updates. It then restarts and stays on the roku bouncing logo. I let it stay that way overnight. I then factory reset it again and I have the same issue. I don't have a micro sd card connected. It's only HDMI and power. Is there a problem with the update? Can I update manually with the usb port on the Roku Ultra?

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Marcos8202 wrote:

I'm unable to setup Roku. It connects to my network and updates. It then restarts and stays on the roku bouncing logo. I let it stay that way overnight. I then factory reset it again and I have the same issue. I don't have a micro sd card connected. It's only HDMI and power. Is there a problem with the update? Can I update manually with the usb port on the Roku Ultra?

No, unfortunately you can't update via USB. Only Roku TVs support that. There's one last thing to try, then I'd exchange it for another one. Instead of using your home network connection, try using a hotspot, such as on a smartphone. It makes no sense, but for many users it has worked. After it's done, you can switch back to your home network. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Marcos8202
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I've had this for several months or 1 - 3 years. An exchange is not possible the store. I have tried your suggestion and came home today to no improvement unfortunately

0 Kudos
Toots

Jump to solution

0 Kudos