Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Breadman86
Level 7

Roku Ultra - Static Fuzz on Bootup/Wake while in HDR

Roku Ultra, Latest Updates
Vizio P-Series 55", Latest Updates

About half the time I get the Roku to "wake up," or when I restart it, the screen comes back as nothing but static. The only way to "fix" the issue is to either continuously restart the Roku until that doesn't happen anymore, or unplug the HDMI cable and plug it back in, then unplug and plug it back in, until the actual Roku menu appears instead of static. This ONLY happens when I have the Roku set to 4K HDR. When it's just at 4K, I never have this problem.This happens about half the time I wake it up from sleep. Sometimes it works without a problem, other times not. I bought this Roku Ultra back in December of 2016-ish, and this issue started appearing about 8 months ago. People talked about it some on here then but it doesn't seem like it was ever resolved. 

Also, this is 100% not a cable issue. I've tried multiple high-thruput cables and they don't make a difference whatsoever. When I first bought this Roku Ultra I had issues with the HDR mode and was able to solve them by getting an HDMI cable that Roku and people on here recommended and it's what I've been using ever since, without issue, until this static problem appeared. 

EDIT: Found another post, most recent reply 2/20/2018. Sorry, should have gone to that thread! https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=109721
0 Kudos