Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra No Signal

I am having the same problem with this POS so FRUSTRATING.  I have tried everything.  The initial ROKU bouncing logo shows up but then TV says no signal.  I unplug reboot etc.. new hdmi cable ... etc nothing.  I just want to get my info off this thing so i can send it back.  Is there any hardware sequence of rebooting/resetting/jump starting??? I can not get to the menu to factory reset.  I am running out of time in my life for these aggravating tech time-consuming issues!  There, rant over... lol PLEASE HELP

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I’ve recently experienced exactly the same problem unsung a Ultra model. Every time the unit was idle over night and powered on, the Rocky light goes on and the TV turns on; however, my Samsung TV displays the message that there is no signal on the HDMI port. Only pulling the power out of the Roku and inserting it again causes the Roou to restart and display on the TV. It will work just fine until the next day. I returned the unit as being defective and received a new model. The same thing happens which leads me to believe a recent Roku system update broke something?? This is very frustrating.  It’s not the HDMI cable and it’s not the TV. The cable and other HDMI ports function normally using other input sources. Anyone have a suggestion?

Highlighted
Level 7

2017 Model Roku Streaming Stick having similar issue. 

Just dead out of the blue, no amount of resets bring it back. 

Planned obsolescence? 

0 Kudos
Level 7

I have two new Ultra models. One on a sony xbr uhdr, the other a uhd samsung. Same problems; they work and then they don't. I might just have to switch back to cable.    

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Roku Ultra No Signal - WORKAROUND

I have a workaround that works well. I purchased a smart plug and enabled a daily schedule to power-cycle the Roku by turning it off and back on 1 minute later. I do this at 4am everyday. Its not a perfect solution but at least I don't have to pull the power out every time I want to watch TV. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Premier died "no signal"- only 6 months old

Premier is 6 months old, worked perfectly until now. Not sure what happened, since it worked in the morning and now there is "no signal" to TV. I tried a different and new HDMI cable, hard reset and calling technical support. Neither first or second worked, and third is nonexistent. Best Buy will not take it back, since they only offer 15 days return. Does Roku expects us to shed money on a new device every 6 months??? I regret getting a Roku product, next time I will go with Fire stick; at least Amazon offers live Customer Service and a product guarantee.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I switched to a generic hi speed HDM cable and the problem went away immediately. Not an expensive cable—Amazon Basics—but you need hi speed to feed a 4ktv. 

That old cable worked perfectly fine on my old hdtv, but not the new 4K.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

@Mikefourk wrote:

I switched to a generic hi speed HDM cable and the problem went away immediately. Not an expensive cable—Amazon Basics—but you need hi speed to feed a 4ktv. 

That old cable worked perfectly fine on my old hdtv, but not the new 4K.

I had to do the same when I switched from my Roku 4 to the new (at the time) Ultra. It worked fine with the 4 but not the Ultra. I believe HDR support was the difference. I too used Amazon Basics cables with excellent results. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Premier died "no signal"- only 6 months old

@LindaM159 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Is there a light showing on your device? How are you powering the device? Is it plugged into the TV USB port, or is it plugged into the a wall outlet with the provided cables? In addition, have you tried using another HDMI port on your TV as well as trying your device on another TV to see if you are seeing the same issue with no signal.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have the same exact issue. Roku Ultra connected to a Sony XBR 900F. After some amount of time the only way to get the Roku device working is to unplug and reconnect power to the device. Tried all the suggestions in this thread, but no success... 

0 Kudos