Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Ultra No Dolby after November 2019 update

I had an issue with the November 2019 updates with no Dolby sound from a Roku Ultra. Tried everything mentioned on this forum with no results. I finally did a factory reset. The bouncing Roku letters appeared onscreen with the audio playing. After boot the screen displayed snow, the look in the analog era between stations. I thought oh no I've bricked the thing. Searching the Roku Ultra, I located a reset button on the bottom. I held this button for about 15 seconds. The Roku Ultra booted into setup mode as it originally did when new. All my channels loaded and the latest firmware. After logging into Netflix, Amazon, etc. , I now have Dolby restored

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Roku Ultra No Dolby after November 2019 update

I realize you resolved the problem, but which model Ultra do you have? The original 4640 has a Dolby Digital decoder, while none of the others do, so it might make a difference for others that have a similar problem. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos