Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Heyitsrick
Level 11

Re: Roku Ultra HDR incompatibility with LG OLED

"LeonardR" wrote:
Heyitsrick,  

That did it!   Why did Roku put me thru so much and not tell me about the 4:2:0 and how to do it.!!  I guess when the update was pushed down it somehow put the Roku into 4:2:2   Thank you so much.

I am getting a green striped screen for a moment when an HDR program is loading before the HDR logo appears and the show starts,  which is not happening on the Nvidia,  but it does work thereafter.  Thank you again.

Great! I'm not sure why it works that way. You would think it would default to 10-bit vs. 12-bit, anyway, as 10-bit is the standard.  If it defaulted to 10-bit, then people could use the menu to try and go higher and it if worked, fine, but if not, it would fall back to 10-bit 4:2:0.  
0 Kudos
fusspot
Level 7

I am having the same issues. I followed the steps the the secret menu, but it takes me to an HDMI Secret Screen and the only setting is Disable/Enable Automatic Recovery. No 4.2.2/4.2.0 options. I have tried all other secret screens I can find. 
0 Kudos
fusspot
Level 7

Found it! Never mind. Settings: System: Advanced system settings.
0 Kudos
shugz601
Level 7

I just was able to fix this issue by doing the reverse of everyone else.

In the Roku: Settings: System: Advanced system settings

Change 4.2.0 to 4.2.2
0 Kudos