Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ascarter
Level 7

Roku Ultra HDMI CEC power with Marantz NR1608

I recently switched from Roku Streaming Stick + to Roku Ultra. When I use the power button on the Roku remote, I am unable to go to standby on my AVR. The TV will go to standby but not the receiver.

Equipment:

Roku Ultra -> Marantz NR1608 -> Sony XBR-65X800B

HDMI CEC is enabled on the Marantz, Roku, and Sony (aka Bravia Sync). The remote is controlling audio fine and will switch on the stack via Home button. Using the power button on the Roku remote though will shut the TV on/off but this is not sent to the AVR. Previously this all worked with the Streaming Stick + but that was directly attached to the TV and used ARC for the audio back to AVR.

My guess is that the Roku is still staying active which in turn tells the AVR not to go to standby. My Apple TV and the Sony remote will both shutdown the entire stack. I can send AVR to standby though by using the Marantz remote or using Sony remote instead.

Does the remote directly control the TV or are signals sent back from the Roku to the TV? I'm not clear which device is causing the AVR to remain active.

0 Kudos