Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
juliodenver
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra - HDCP Unauthorized... AGAIN!

here[/url:3cgidiyh] first. Go to the next step if you continue to see a purple screen.
  • On both your Roku player and your TV or AVR, unplug each end of the HDMI cable.

• Power off your TV and your Roku player and unplug their respective power supplies.

• Reconnect both ends of the HDMI cable, pushing them firmly, all the way in.

• Reconnect your TV and your Roku player to their power supplies and power them on. 

• Try viewing the video again.
  • 0 Kudos
    tehprince
    Level 7

I'm having the same issue as well.  What's weird is this just started occurring for me yesterday, before that it worked fine.  My TV is 4K HDR compatible, as well as the cable I'm using.

Is this something Roku is planning on fixing via a software update?  
    0 Kudos
    rji2goleez
    Level 7

"tehprince" wrote:
    I'm having the same issue as well.  What's weird is this just started occurring for me yesterday, before that it worked fine.  My TV is 4K HDR compatible, as well as the cable I'm using.

Is this something Roku is planning on fixing via a software update?  

Supposedly, version 7.5 fixed this issue but it had other issues so it was pulled.  I guess we just have to wait for an update.  Roku, are you listening???
    0 Kudos
    hv2000
    Level 7

Has this issue been resolved with latest 7.5.1 build?
    0 Kudos
    berting
    Level 9

"hv2000" wrote:
    Has this issue been resolved with latest 7.5.1 build?

@hv2000, I suppose it depends on what issue we're talking about... The original issue that caused me to start this thread has been resolved with my TV. The most recent V7.5.1 build 4088 works correctly with my LG65UF8500. The only quirkiness I've seen is that the purple screen appears for about 2 seconds the first time I watch a video after turning the television from off to on. (The same as the last V7.2.2 build.)
    It also looks to me like the 24Hz video playback is significantly improved. I'm getting much less herky-jerky movement during slow background pans. Could be my imagination, but it looks better.
    0 Kudos
    prng
    Level 7

I am having the same issues with my Roku Ultimate and it got much more worse with 7.5. I was using the 4K HDR settings. I changed to regular 4K and the issues are gone but now I cannot watch HDR content. We need a fix for this.
    0 Kudos
    rockou
    Level 9

"berting" wrote:
    It also looks to me like the 24Hz video playback is significantly improved. I'm getting much less herky-jerky movement during slow background pans. Could be my imagination, but it looks better.

There is no 24hz playback. Roku only outputs at 60hz
    4K HDR TV: Samsung UN60KS8000
    4K HDR Receiver: Yamaha RX-V381
    4K HDR blu ray: Samsung UBD-K8500
    4K HDR streamer: Roku Ultra 4640 (2016 model)
    4K HDR Gaming: Xbox One X
    4K HDR DVR: Directv Genie HS17-500 w/ C61K mini client
    Cables: Amazon Basics 18Gbps HDMI
    0 Kudos
    berting
    Level 9

"rockou" wrote:
    "berting" wrote:

There is no 24hz playback. Roku only outputs at 60hz

@rockou --- I understand that it's a 60Hz device, I'm just saying that the 3:2 pulldown when viewing from a 24 frame per second source looks better. It looks to me that they improved that translation, or maybe I just can't find those scenes that previously made me crazy...
    0 Kudos
    TrendyGuy
    Level 7

Has anyone head anything from Roku about fixing the Ultra?
    0 Kudos
    piggyback
    Level 7

Looking for help with HDCP error out of the blue...

I got a Roku Premiere+. Plugged it into my Marantz 7007 receiver. Receiver uses a Sony VPL-HW30AES projector display.
    I am using the Roku at the moment for Amazon only. All worked well for 3 weeks. All the sudden I am getting HDCP unauthorized.. pink screen... Nothing changed with my setup. I tried power cycling, unplugging HDMI cable and so on with no success.

Any ideas?
    0 Kudos