Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RRS18
Level 7

Roku Ultra Color Banding Issue

"mrjr101" wrote:
"RokuDavidM" wrote:
Starting in 7.5.1 b4085, we are offering a new feature on a secret screen which may help with color banding on some TVs in 4K HDR mode. Not all units are eligible for this build yet, but if yours is try going to the HDMI secret screen using this key combination:

HOME HOME HOME HOME HOME DOWN LEFT UP UP UP

Try toggling your HDR mode from 4:2:2 to 4:2:0. This will also change you from 12 bit color to 10 bit color.

Please note this option is only for HDR mode, not regular 4K mode.

Thanks,
David Mendenhall
Roku, Inc.

Thanks for posting ROKU employee. I will try this (hopefully my roku did not revert back to 7.2)

When I get to the "secret" screen, how do i toggle?  Thanks. I am having this problem with a premier+ Roku and a Samsung uhd 4k tv
0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Roku Ultra Color Banding Issue

The 4:2:2 setting is no longer in a hidden menu. You can find it under System/Advanced Settings. You toggle it by highlighting the line then hitting the OK button to toggle. Whatever the line says after you press OK is what the setting is. So if it's now on 4:2:2, then pressing OK once on that line changes it to 4:2:0.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos