Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Ultra - Amazon Prime Does Not Use Caption Background Opacity, Works Fine on Streaming Stick+

I own both the Roku Ultra and Roku Streaming Stick+, I found a difference in regards to the captioning style on Amazon Prime Video app. In both of the cases, the Amazon Prime Video app is on Version 11.0 build 2019090617.

Roku Streaming Stick+ (Software version 9.2.0 build 4750-50) (Working as expected)

IMG_5283.jpg

I have the caption background opacity set to 25%, and the app will display the caption using that opacity setting for the background.

Roku Ultra (Software version 9.2.0 build 4750-46) (NOT working as expected)

IMG_5282.jpg

The caption background opacity is set at 25%, same as above. But the Amazon Prime Video app uses solid, no opacity black background color for captions. It's REALLY jarring.

My question is, is the Roku Ultra different because it has am older software build, and will it get updates to get this difference fixed?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra - Amazon Prime Does Not Use Caption Background Opacity, Works Fine on Streaming Stick

I'm having this very same problem with my Roku Premier Plus.  I wonder if you have been able to fix the problem or have heard back from Roku about it.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra - Amazon Prime Does Not Use Caption Background Opacity, Works Fine on Streaming Stick

Nope, I returned both and got a FireTV Stick instead. Not perfect either but I like it better.

0 Kudos