Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lokitious
Level 7

Roku Ultra 8.0.1 build 4018-29 causing HDCP purple screen error

This Roku Ultra 4640X Device has never had a problem with my Samsung UN55KU6300 4K HDR TV. After the latest update on Nov 30, I can't play any content on HDCP 1.4 and 2.2. When videos on Amazon, Starz and others go to play, I get a purple HDCP screen. Odd thing is Netflix works.

This looks to be a bad update right before the holidays. I would like an immediate downgrade of the firmware so i can use the device again.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
rockou
Level 9

Re: Roku Ultra 8.0.1 build 4018-29 causing HDCP purple screen error

And I would like to win the lottery. Unfortunately neither are likely to happen.
You can try this however...
Press Home 5 times followed by Fast Forward 3 times followed by Rewind twice to see if it will let you downgrade to an older version.
4K HDR TV: Samsung UN60KS8000
4K HDR Receiver: Yamaha RX-V381
4K HDR blu ray: Samsung UBD-K8500
4K HDR streamer: Roku Ultra 4640 (2016 model)
4K HDR Gaming: Xbox One X
4K HDR DVR: Directv Genie HS17-500 w/ C61K mini client
Cables: Amazon Basics 18Gbps HDMI
0 Kudos
JonCage
Level 7

I started getting the same issue (on a Roku 3) recently. Only way I've found to solve it (temporarily) is to reboot the Roku.
0 Kudos
airplay355
Level 7

I actually used to get the purple screen of death for a second or two before content started coming through. I don't get that anymore. Could it be a cable issue?
0 Kudos
JonCage
Level 7

I find it hard to believe it could be a cable issue as they've not been changed and a software reboot solves the issue. This purple screen does not disappear either.
0 Kudos
CVSMax
Level 7

The silence from Roku Support on all these related threads is deafening.
0 Kudos