Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cptgunther
Reel Rookie

Roku Ultra 4k reboots randomly

I have a Roku Ultra 4800X, Software version 10.5.0 build 4208-C2, that will reboot itself randomly once a day. It will go to a black screen,  the about 15-30 seconds later, it will start to reboot itself. It does not matter what app the device is in. Any one else have issues like this, or do I just have a bad device?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Spookiec47
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Ultra 4k reboots randomly

I have the same problem. Std answer, do this and that, it’s still screwed up. Guess I’ll just use the Apple TV from now on.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@cptgunther @Spookiec47

Thanks for the posts.

We would be more than happy to look into this issue for you.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
cptgunther
Reel Rookie

Like I said, It's a Roku Ultrs Model 4800X, Software Version 10.5.0 build 4208-C2, Device ID S02A209M1FR5, Serial X01000PM1FR5. It happens randomly, in any app. When it happens, the Roku stops responding, then reboots, so there is no way to get any 'tracker ID', thus I think it's a hardware problem, that causes a hard reset.

0 Kudos
sbhnet
Reel Rookie

I don't see a solution posted here and I have the *same exact problem*.  4800X, software 10.5.0 build 4208-C2, device ID S02A215KA1UK, serial X01000EKA1UK.  Is there a solution or do I just buy something else?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@sbhnet

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sbhnet
Reel Rookie

Pulling from my post:  4800X, software 10.5.0 build 4208-C2, device ID S02A215KA1UK, serial X01000EKA1UK.  It's the same problem as in the original post.  Screen goes black and the device reboots.  It doesn't happen on the same channel every time.  I'll attempt to get the tracker ID. 

0 Kudos