Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
berting
Level 9

Re: Roku Ultra - 4k "HDCP Unauthorized" after TV is turned off and back on.

"JAP1972" wrote:
"GoKingsGo" wrote:
I've got the same thing on my LG 4K TV.
Roku Ultra with Roku software v 8.1.0 build 4137

Resetting fixes the error (020) until the TV is turned off, then i have to do it all over again.

No problems otherwise, but this is driving me nuts!

I have the exact same scenario and issue.  LG 4k TV, v8.1.0 build 4137-29 and get the 020 HDCP error when I try to watch PS Vue.  Resetting the Roku fixes it until the TV is turned off and back on.  I would get this occasionally in the past, but now it's every time.  I tried changing the refresh rate to auto detect like another post mentioned, but that didn't resolve it.  Has anyone been able to stop this from happening?  
Nothing changed with my equipment setup so I suspect that a software update has caused this.

I haven't been able to find anything that makes this work any better on my system (Roku Ultra plus 4k LG television). My Roku 2 works well on the same television, it's just the Ultra HDCP that's screwed up. I haven't even seen a "we're working on it" message from Roku, just crickets...
0 Kudos
GoKingsGo
Level 7

"berting" wrote:
I haven't been able to find anything that makes this work any better on my system (Roku Ultra plus 4k LG television). My Roku 2 works well on the same television, it's just the Ultra HDCP that's screwed up. I haven't even seen a "we're working on it" message from Roku, just crickets...

Yeah, lots of crickets. I reached  out to Roku via email and haven't had the courtesy of a reply. Pity, it used to be a pretty awesome streamer. 
0 Kudos
markazali
Level 9

This is really frustrating. My parents' setup has this problem. It's a Premiere+ and Vizio TV. There's only one port usable for HDR and we've already tried different HDMI cables.
0 Kudos