Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Ultra 4k HDR 60FPS Issues Through Wall HDMI

I just moved into a new house (5 years old) that has an AV closet with HDMI running through the wall to the TV mounting location.  I am having an issue with 4k HDR 60Hz on my Roku Ultra.  I have a Vizio P series TV that I have been running the Roku direct through with no issues for years.  However, when I hook up using the in wall HDMI, the problems start. 

The system checks all run correctly and tell me that my system is compatible, but when i switch to the setting, it will either lose signal immediately or will display for a few seconds and then lose signal.  At this point, I have to either hook up directly to the tv or blindly try to change the setting back to 30FPS. 

My intial thought is that the in wall HDMI cable is the problem.  However, the system checks seem to indicate that the cable should be fine.  I googled the information I could find on the cable and it seems to be a high speed cable.  it briefly worked before going black a few times.

Any thoughts or does it just seem to be the in wall cable is either too long or not compatable?  If so I may just be SOL as I have no plans to rip that cable out or try to fish a new one through.     

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra 4k HDR 60FPS Issues Through Wall HDMI

As a follow up, I have it set to 4K @30FPS to by pass the problem, but the player keeps resetting itself to auto detect which then changes it to 60FPS.  This in turn loses signal and nothing displays, which I then have to go through a complicated process to reverse blindly.  

If there is not solution to my original problem, is there at minimum a way to prevent the player from "auto detecting" the display type, which clearly is not working correctly?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra 4k HDR 60FPS Issues Through Wall HDMI

Bump, can anyone from the support team help me out with this?  This is becoming a major problem and I have no way to talk to support through your website.  

0 Kudos