Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tel2
Level 8

Roku Ultra 2020 crashing when starting Acorn Programs

IMG_0214.jpeg

Bought new Roku Ultra 4800R In End of November replacing my Roku 3.  When starting programs on the Acorn app I get the attached screen prior to Roku rebooting.   So far I have got them when starting Yorkshire Vet and Bird of a Feather.  After the Roku reboots I am able to watch the program without a problem.  But when I go to watch the next one it sometimes does the same thing.  

I assume I probably will get the same screen on other programs? (will try later)

Very frustrating.  I have also posted on another issue when watching Philo TV where when trying to fast fwd through commercials it will constantly buffer after hitting play.  This goes on forever or until I go to Roku settings, and restart Roku.  The is new 4800 needs some work, I hope that someone from Roku is looking at these posts!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PGR
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra 2020 crashing when starting Acorn Programs

We've had the exact same problem with Acorn TV programs always crashing within 30 sec of starting up on the Ultra 2020, 4800X.  I have communicated with tech support at both Roku and Acorn. The Ultra also gives us an extremely weak volume output with YouTube TV. Our Roku 3 has no such problems and still works reliably with our antique 2012 HDTV. I expect we will return the Ultra soon. (We also have a serious intermittent buffering problem with YouTube TV on our new (2020) Amazon Firestick. Again, Roku 3 streams just fine. What's up with these new devices?)

tel2
Level 8

Glad to see that that I am not the only one having this problem.  I have not been using the Ultra lately and reinstalled my Roku 3 which is working perfect.  We also had problem with the Ultra buffering and having to reboot when fast forwarding program in Philo TV.  I have not seen a new update yet since having thee issues.  

0 Kudos
PGR
Level 7

I am up against the Amazon Xmas return deadline so I tried out Roku Ultra 2020 again. It is much better. No more Acorn TV crashes and my uneven volume issue has much improved. Since the Roku had not been updated, I can only think that Acorn (and YouTube TV) fixed the problems. I will give it a couple of days and make a final decision about the Ultra. How about you?

0 Kudos