Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elismas
Level 7

Roku Ultra 2020 audio transcoding issues

Jump to solution

Hello everyone. I purchased a Roku Ultra 4800 mainly for the audio transcoding capability (after a long research process). I have an A/V receiver which cannot process Dolby Digital Plus and so I really appreciate the Ultra 4800 capability to convert to Dolby Digital only.

The issue I experience is that the Roku is constantly sending Dolby Digital audio. This works great for 5.1 tracks, but when audio track is 2.0 audio is lacking bass and clarity.

The Ultra should send audio in the best possible format when set to autodetect, and for 2.0 it should be PCM I think.

Passthrough is not an option for me nor it is upgrading A/V hardware.

Is there any setting I am missing to correct this? Or hopefully someone from Roku will pick this and look into it.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cabowl1
Level 8

Re: Roku Ultra 2020 audio transcoding issues

Jump to solution

Have you tried Passthrough ?   For me Passthrough still does some detection of what my AVR is capable of.  

View solution in original post

2 Replies
cabowl1
Level 8

Jump to solution

Have you tried Passthrough ?   For me Passthrough still does some detection of what my AVR is capable of.  

View solution in original post

Elismas
Level 7

Jump to solution

Wow, I feel a bit dumb. But seems to work. At least when it's 2.0 the Dolby light now does not turn on and when it's 5.1 it does and sound is played. If dolby plus were sent via passthrough there would be no audio, so some transcoding must be happening. This roku ultra really has been a compelling choice. Thanks for the feedback!

0 Kudos