Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AdamFF
Channel Surfer

Roku Ultra 2020 Skipping and HDCP erroring

Hello so I have actually had my Roku for a year now and this whole time every 10 minutes or so it will skip for 1 or 2 seconds. I have been living with it, but if there is a way of getting this fixed that would be awesome. I'm sure it's not my network and it is hooked up via ethernet.

Also, these past 2 weeks I have been getting the HDCP error a lot, maybe every other day or so. 

I really do like my purchase and if these problems could be resolved I would be grateful! 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
AdamFF
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Ultra 2020 Skipping and HDCP erroring

So giving me a similar post did not help me much. I have been doing the recommended actions for the HDCP and it still happens. It will work for awhile then more HDCP errors. You also did not address my freezing/skipping issue. 

0 Kudos
AdamFF
Channel Surfer

I still need help with this.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@AdamFF

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? What specific Roku model device are you using? Have you tried using another high speed HDMI cable to connect your Roku device?

For more information about how to resolve HDCP errors on your Roku device, visit our Support page here: Fix an HDCP error.

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AdamFF
Channel Surfer

It's a roku ultra from 2020 - model 4800R. It skips every once in awhile. It has done this since I got it. It also gives me the HDCP error a few times a week, this is new. I don't think it's my HDMI cable, I am using the one that it came with and it worked fine up until a few months back. 

I have done the resetting of the roku for the HDCP error every time it happens which is a few times a week. It's not solving the problem. I am not really trying to stream 4k stuff.

Thanks

0 Kudos
AdamFF
Channel Surfer

Still having these issues...

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@AdamFF, the new "power saving" option under Settings->System->Power can cause issues with some TVs when the Roku wakes from sleep.  Try disabling it to see if it helps.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
AdamFF
Channel Surfer

I don't have that option.

0 Kudos