Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Roku Ultra 2019 HDCP Issues

I have a Roku Ultra I bought around Black Friday, and I am about ready to return it to the store.  Tech support commented on my Amazon review and said to email them.  But they will not reply!

My Ultra has been giving me HDCP errors on almost every channel, even after system updates.  Happens almost every time an advertisement break ends and main programming returns.  If the error screen doesn't pop up, the video will become choppy with audio playing fine.  All goes away if I turn my TV off and on.  But I can't do this all of the time.  And I've seen video randomly ZOOM in during streams and nothing short of restarting the roku will help.  Does this in 4K or 1080p HD modes.  My tv is HDCP compliant.  I've already changed HDMI inputs and bought 2 new 4K HDMI cables.  Chat support wants me to get a new cable and hard reset the roku (as if I haven't already).

I need an answer or I'll have to drop Roku...  And I'd rather not.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Roku Ultra 2019 HDCP Issues

I concur that you need to try a different HDMI cable first. When I upgraded from a Roku 4 to an Ultra, the cable that worked perfectly on the 4 would not even sync with the Ultra. I had to get 18 Gbps certified cables, then the Ultra worked fine ever after. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Roku Ultra 2019 HDCP Issues

How many times do I have to tell you guys??  I have used 3 different cables, 2 rated at 21 Gbps made for 4K HDR.  It is not the cable.

0 Kudos