Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rickytin
Level 7

Roku Ultra (2017) lost HDMI connection

This past December I bought the Roku Ultra (2017) and it is constantly losing HDMI connection. The TV it's new, also bought in December.
The problem happens moust of the time when I go to sleep, turn of TV and then when I turn on the TV, Roku lost HDMI signal. The lost connection happen 1 or 2 times a week, to often.
To get back the connection I have to unplug and then plug again the HDMI cable.
I have conect the HDMI cable to 4 diferent inputs whith the same problem. I also use a new HDMI cable and I still lost the connection.
I have the latest software version 8.0.1 build 4047 , by the way the screen mirroring is not working.
What can be the problem, any help would be appreciated.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Heyitsrick
Level 9

Re: Roku Ultra (2017) lost HDMI connection

"rickytin" wrote:
This past December I bought the Roku Ultra (2017) and it is constantly losing HDMI connection. The TV it's new, also bought in December.
The problem happens moust of the time when I go to sleep, turn of TV and then when I turn on the TV, Roku lost HDMI signal. The lost connection happen 1 or 2 times a week, to often.
To get back the connection I have to unplug and then plug again the HDMI cable.
I have conect the HDMI cable to 4 diferent inputs whith the same problem. I also use a new HDMI cable and I still lost the connection.
I have the latest software version 8.0.1 build 4047 , by the way the screen mirroring is not working.
What can be the problem, any help would be appreciated.

What make and model TV is it? And what make/model of HDMI cables are you using?
0 Kudos
rickytin
Level 7

TV is LG 49UJ6500
HDMI 1 is Rocketfish but I don't know the model (3 years old)
HDMI 2 is Ativa purchase 3 month ago.
0 Kudos
Heyitsrick
Level 9

OK, I don't know about those brands, so can't really comment. But I would go with "certified" cables at this point, and by certified, I mean hdmi.org certification that certify that these meet the highest hdmi spec and can carry 18 gigabytes/sec of data.  For example, here's a monoprice.com cable (different sizes available) cheap, but certified as shown with the hdmi.org sticker:

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id= ... gJ7evD_BwE

Also, what are your Roku display settings set to? Also, check System/Advanced System Settings/Advanced Display Settings. Turn OFF Auto-adjust frame rate and perhaps set your sub-sampling to 4:2:0 instead of the default 4:2:2.

Have you set the LG for HDMI Deep Color?  https://www.forbes.com/sites/kevinmurnane/2017/11/30/quick-tip-how-to-enable-hdr-on-an-lg-tv/#25ae3f716786
0 Kudos
rickytin
Level 7

Thanks for the help Heyitsrick, I am at work but when I go home I would try the setting that you mention.
I am going to do a test with my old Roku 3 to see if it also lost the HDMI connection with my new LG TV.
I'll let you know what the results are.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

Your Roku 3 isn't likely to have the same issue, as it only has an HDMI 1.4 connection and doesn't do 4K.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
rickytin
Level 7

The auto adjust frame rate is off and I can't change to 4:2:0 because the image goes to black and then lost conection and come back becouse I cant acept the change so its go back to 4:2:2.

With the Roku 3 I was going to try to see if the problem is the HDMI in my new LG TV.
0 Kudos