Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wcunningham
Level 7

Roku Ultra (2017) ghost image

So my Roku Ultra has had a ghost image on the left side of the screen for a while now.  It's consistent in appearance, but not location as it will shift a little to the left or right.  It's of a vertical bar with about 4 rectangular "teeth" jutting out from the right side of the bar. I know it's not burn in as it doesn't appear if I use the google tv built into the tv, and the fact that it does move to the left or right intermittently.  It's not a huge issue as it only can be seen on a black screen (like when starting a movie or a tv show on netflix, plex or hulu), but it's still annoying.  Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DubTaylor
Level 10

Re: Roku Ultra (2017) ghost image

Can't say I've seen that issue myself, but are you aware that some TVs have a pretty variable 'Zoom' Feature?

For instance my TV has an 'Aspect' area, 'Zoom', for all intents and purposes, that has at least 5 flavors. 'Full 100% is like the old 'No Overscan', which is opened up all the way and fits best for my FireTV, Roku3,Roku2HD and Roku Ultra. Perhaps the Zoom Flavor on your TV opens up too wide.. or something. Change flavors in that area and see if something changes.

Another area to look would be the HDMI cable. Sometimes those 2 dollar HDMI cables are worth less than 2 dollars. If you have several, try 'em all and see what happens.
0 Kudos
wcunningham
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra (2017) ghost image

Thanks for the suggestions!
0 Kudos