Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mickanya
Reel Rookie

Roku TV won't turn on all of a sudden....

Jump to solution

Woke up this morning and my Roku TV won't turn on, I've unplugged, replaced batteries in the remote, and also tried the reset button. A friend's Roku TV also had this happen last night... anyone else? Any tips on how to possibly fix this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku TV won't turn on all of a sudden....

Jump to solution

Roku only supplies the operating system for a "Roku TV". This sounds like a hardware issue that needs to be referred to the manufacturer of the set.

Roku TV Manufacturer Support Contacts:
https://community.roku.com/t5/Manufacturer-Support-Warranty-Resources/Contacting-Support-for-Your-Ro...

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Mickanya 

Do the obvious first. Check to ensure there is power to the outlet. A breaker didn't throw somewhere, did it? Plug a lamp or something into the outlet (unplug the TV and use the same receptacle) and ensure there's power.

Then, look for the power switch on the actual TV device. Yes, there is one. Somewhere. See if that allows you to turn it on.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Mickanya
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

There is power to the TV, the red light shows on the TV and I tried the power button under the input light... still not working 🥺

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Mickanya wrote:

... I tried the power button under the input light... still not working 🥺

Yikes! That is not good.

Wait. Input light? On the physical TV itself? You aren't talking about the remote are you? I'm not sure what you're describing as "input light." What's the TV manufacturer?

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Mickanya
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes the red light on the TV (where the sensor for the remote is) it's a Sharp Roku TV.

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

Roku only supplies the operating system for a "Roku TV". This sounds like a hardware issue that needs to be referred to the manufacturer of the set.

Roku TV Manufacturer Support Contacts:
https://community.roku.com/t5/Manufacturer-Support-Warranty-Resources/Contacting-Support-for-Your-Ro...

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos