Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Laurx3
Level 7

Roku TV volume won’t turn down and keeps going to 100

I was watching my show on Hulu, when the volume just decided to turn up to 100, and I can’t  turn it down, when i do, the volume goes back up to 100. I restarted my roku TV and did everything I could think of and nothing works. I was wondering if anyone has had the same issue and can help me fix it?  Thank you 

0 Kudos
9 Replies
dachip03
Level 7

Re: Roku TV volume won’t turn down and keeps going to 100

I have the exact same problem - started 5/9/2020

0 Kudos
Robbie53
Level 8

same thing ongoing here. NO Volume control either. If I use the Earbuds I can control the volume, otherwize I can't.

0 Kudos
Carina15
Level 7

Did anyone get help or figure out the volume situation my tv is all the way to 100 won’t go down from there !!! 

0 Kudos
dachip03
Level 7

I ended up having to reset the TV to factory settings. I haven't had an issue since doing so. 

0 Kudos
N_EVANS3
Level 7

Did you ever figure out how to fix it ? 

0 Kudos
JRome
Level 7

I have a similar problem with 2 year old Roku Streaming Stick.  A few days ago the volume control just stopped working - always showing 100 in the upper right corner - but DOES work as usual when not watching something streaming via Roku.  Meaning it will control the TV volume just fine when the TV is tuned to cable or antenna - remote volume only fails to work when Roku is active.   Roku remote still controls power to TV as well with no disruption.   I've tried all the hacks list on these pages without success.  Anyone know what might be going on? 

0 Kudos
Danny3xd
Level 7

Just had same thing. Did advise from another thread. Settings> Power> reset

And has been fine for over 6 minutes, snork.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Similarly, but only on my Roku Ultra but not the other devices. The 100 with a circle showing in upper right but I could use my TV remote to still lower and raise the volume. (basically was showing a RokuTV volume control on my Ultra Home Screen in the upper right corner).

Had to reset/re-program the tv code my Roku remote through Roku Remote Menu Settings.  In order to get it to choose a different code I had to select that the music had stopped playing even when it did not.  Then I restarted Roku, went through the Remote Menu again and actually chose correct settings and Remote worked properly again.

SETTINGS...REMOTES & DEVICES....REMOTES,,,(GAMING REMOTE [yours may be different] In Use)....SET UP REMOTE CONTROL FOR TV CONTROL,,,

Is Music Playing (yes or no)

Has the Music Stopped Playing (I had to answer incorrect here in order to get the codes to actually change to attempt code 2, code 3, etc.)

Maybe this will help.  

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.

0 Kudos
Godzilla04102
Level 7

The only thing that worked was to go to the Roku settings/systems/advanced system settings/factory reset. It will give you a 4 digit code to reset your Roku. It works.