Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
syaoran
Level 8

Roku TV flashing black screen

My TV seems to be flashing in and out with a black screen since last night. Anyone else having this problem and how can I fix it. I restarted the TV and factory reset but it temporarily fixes the problem...... help
9 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Roku TV flashing black screen

Hi there! Thanks for reaching out. Have you contacted the TV manufacturer yet to report this issue and request additional support? 

In order to provide further guidance or suggestions, we'll need a few more details to better understand the issue you are seeing. 

- When does this behavior occur? When you first turn the TV on, when you are viewing the home screen/menus, while you are watching content, etc.?
- Are you watching a streaming channel when you notice this, an HDMI input device, or the antenna tuner?
- What version/build of software is your TV running from Settings>System>About? 

I'd recommend starting by contacting the TV manufacturer for more help. Feel free to reply with the extra details above, or PM me directly for further assistance. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
syaoran
Level 8

Yes I've contacted customer support about it. It happens a few minutes after I turn the TV on. It started happening last night as I was on my amazon firestick watching a movie on an app
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the details here. Does this occur if you try watching any other channels? 

Please PM me with your Roku account email address and I'll help take a closer look to see if there is anything else we can suggest. 
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
syaoran
Level 8

I removed the power plug completely from the TV and it stopped flashing for a while but then I went out, returned home turned the TV on and it started flashing again after maybe 5 mins
0 Kudos
syaoran
Level 8

The version my TV is running off of is 4170
0 Kudos
Eyes_open
Level 7

Want it to stop? .... Buy a decent video streaming device. It can't be found with Roku, the only thing you will get is a pathetically underpowered overpriced piece of junk that could be replaced by a $10 streaming device on eBay. Roku straight up sucks and let it be known. I'm aware that many Roku owners are slow like the boxes so I expect many will still stay loyal to Roku. Just know that if you were foolish enough to purchase the "ultimate" device with the whopping 1.5 GB of memory that's the best Roku has to offer. The lag and constant buffering is thrown in for free by Roku so enjoy it ..... LOL

Ever wonder why Roku NEVER gives the specs on any of their devices? Because they are embarrassed to. Nowhere will you ever find the gigs of RAM or ROM anywhere on their website or on the box or in their own reviews they fabricate so the completely stupid will run out paying a premium for junk.

Stand proud Roku owners and straighten out your tinfoil hats. You are living proof there is one born every minute and the sheep will always follow..... Good job .... BAHAHAHAHA
0 Kudos

Tanner my model 3900x started flashing black screen. I changed HDMI ports same thing. Reset button no help. Checked with visiono known problems. it will start flashing within 2 mins of start up. All other options on TV work fine. HELP ME
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@syaoran

Does this same issue occur if you use the Roku TVs own native streaming channels (apps)? If not, this may likely be an issue with the input device you are using, and you'd want to contact that manufacturer directly for further assistance. 
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@seventyfourci

Sorry to hear about the issue. A couple questions here: 

- Have you replaced the HDMI cable in use, or tried using a different HDMI port on the TV? 
- When does this flashing occur; while viewing the home screen/menus, while watching a specific streaming channel, etc? 
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos