Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vfrankowski
Reel Rookie

Roku TV Sound Issue

I have a Philips Roku TV and the sound regularly gets very hollow and loses all the bass. If I rewind or fast forward for a moment, it corrects the sound. It is occurring with all the apps on the TV. I plugged a Roku stick in, which layers Roku on top of the Roku TV. The sound is normal when viewing through the Roku stick. This only started after the 9.2 update. I am running build 4502-63. The TV is a Philips Roku 8623X.

Any advice??

4 REPLIES 4
OliRoo921

Re: Roku TV Sound Issue

I'm having the very same issue, sound is hollow and will even skip every other word. It sounds almost like a car with busted speaker. I have reset audio sounds and even factory reset the entire tv. It's interesting that in live TV there is no sound issue just in the roku apps.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku TV Sound Issue

@OliRoo921

Thanks for the post.

Is this issue occurring on a specific channel or does it happen across all channels? In addition, have you tried rebooting your wireless network to see if that resolves the issue and eliminate the possibility of it being a network connectivity issue?

Please keep us posted. With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
JWJW

Re: Roku TV Sound Issue - Me Too

I'm having the same recurring issues - on all channels. Advancing and returning the left and right arrows corrects the sound. Resetting wireless system, turning Roku off and on doesn't correct the issue. Looks like a Roku issue?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku TV Sound Issue - Me Too

Hi @JWJW,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know all that you've done and We'd like to take a closer look to see if there's anything else we can suggest to help.

Can you please provide specific information regarding the audio issue that you are experiencing with your Roku TV? What kind of sound or does it has no sound? How long has the issue been occurring? In addition, Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About?

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos