Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TechSarge
Binge Watcher

Roku TV - Hisense 55R6E - Double Display

Getting a Double Display issue with my brand new TV. Issue is JUST like the Sony TV issue below.....

https://community.roku.com/t5/Playback-Issues-Audio-Video-Power/Roku-Ultra-4k-Double-Screen-Issue/td...

Hisense 55R6E

Roku About info....

Roku TV - 7244X

Hisense model 58R6+

Software verion 10.5.0

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
TechSarge
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku TV - Hisense 55R6E - Double Display

Anyone have feedback on this issue? Seems odd that there are multiple TV manufacturers of ROKU TVs that have similar failures

@RokuDanny-R ?

0 Kudos
TechSarge
Binge Watcher

My daily reply. Hoping there is someone with knowledge out there. I can spitball a fix, but someone within the Roku org really needs to address the issue. I'm guessing a driver/firmware issue is at play, but help would be appreciated.

Unrelated monitor with computer driver issue that had a Dual/Split screen issue...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6eF8--bOyo

@RokuBen @RokuBrian @RokuBradO 

@RokuCC @RokuChris @RokuCarlS @RokuCraig @RokuChrisP 

0 Kudos
RokuBen
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

This usually is a misconfiguration during manufacturing by the manufacturer where they pick the wrong panel type on the assembly line.  The only way to fix this is to get support directly from Hisense, as the manufacturing settings aren't accessible after the TV has been activated by the user.

0 Kudos
TechSarge
Binge Watcher

"This usually is a misconfiguration during manufacturing by the manufacturer where they pick the wrong panel type on the assembly line.  The only way to fix this is to get support directly from Hisense, as the manufacturing settings aren't accessible after the TV has been activated by the user."

Easy, then I'll deactivate the Roku TV. What secret menu do I adjust manufacturer settings?

If I oversimplified something, that's fine, but I am extremely skeptical of the solution as exact procedures were not supplied. Please give explicit procedures to resolve the issue.

@RokuBen 

0 Kudos
TechSarge
Binge Watcher

HiSense says that Roku needs to send me correct Firmware to locally flash the 55R6E unit. Weird that these companies are ping-ponging me back and forth. Please advise, please send Firmware to locally flash unit.

HiSense 55R6E

HiSense Incident #H182625

0 Kudos
TechSarge
Binge Watcher

Still looking for help. A downgrade may be the solution, but I have Roku 10.5.0. The current software is not allowing downgrade. Please advise how to downgrade with this version.

https://tvupdate.roku.com/index?p=select

0 Kudos
TechSarge
Binge Watcher

@RokuAustin , can you help downgrading a TV, just for troubleshooting?

0 Kudos
RokuBen
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Can you please clairfy?  Did you have the double display always with this TV, or only after the update to 10.5?  That's very important. If it's always been there, then its a manufacturing issue.  If it only started with the upgrade, then we need to capture a lot more information about what's going on.

0 Kudos