Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gimmpy04
Level 7

Re: Roku TV Audio Dropouts

I have a TCL Roku (43S517) with a Yamaha (RX V-479) receiver connected via ARC (HDMI 3 on TV). Audio is fine when watching thru my AT&T box which is hooked up to my receiver. When using the built in apps on the Roku TV however the sound skips for a second or two ever 10 seconds or so. I notice on my receiver when the audio skips the left and right speaker icon disappears and then reappears once the skips over. The video however is fine and doesn't stop when the audio cuts out. I have changed the audio options on the TV and it still skips on any option i try (AUTO, DD, DD+, ETC). Going to try and disable the menu sounds as someone has mention that could be the fix.
0 Kudos
Gimmpy04
Level 7

Re: Roku TV Audio Dropouts

Turning off the Menu Audio did not work for me. However using an optical cable instead of HDMI arc fixed the issue with the audio dropping out. Will have to possible try a different HDMI cable if i want to get ARC to work correctly.
0 Kudos