Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hawaiian1961
Level 7

Re: Roku TV Audio Dropouts

"gregrobbins" wrote:
"Hawaiian1961" wrote:
I have my 50" TCL roku tv connected to an Onkyo receiver and I have found that the sound is sensitive to AC power.  Whenever I run my treadmill the sound cuts off.  When I stop the treadmill the sound comes back on.  

The periodic audio dropouts are not like that. They last a fraction of a second, and occur once or more per minute.

Yes, mine is also periodic, more solid when I run the treadmill.  Also, whenever I volume up or down, the sounds also cuts off.
0 Kudos
Rogueofdoom
Level 7

Same deal here. 55in TCL with sound cutting out through Roku apps. Normal cable TV is fine. Anxiously waiting for a solution.
0 Kudos
csroyal
Level 7

I'm struggling with this problem as well.  I have a smaller TCL Roku TV, 32". I've only had the tv for 3 1/2 months and in the last week it's gone amuck, dropping sound constantly.   While it seems most on this discussion have problems with the streaming channels, that seems to be best for me, when I can keep sound for the longest periods of time.  It's watching TV (satellite) that won't keep sound on.  I'm running from Dish Network Satellite receiver.  I've checked the receiver with another TV and it works fine.  I've changed the HDMI cable twice and have ordered another to try, but it hasn't helped so far.  I've tried every setting in the audio settings on both the receiver and the TV with no solution.   The only thing that works is switching it to AV connection instead of HDMI - sound stays on but picture is smaller and not great.   With HDMI cables, watching satellite TV, if I'm lucky enough to get sound it will cut out after a few minutes or if I change the channel or pause it or pretty much do anything.  To get it to come back on I have to turn the TV off and then back on, sometimes two or three times before the sound returns.  This is beyond frustrating.  I understand it's an inexpensive TV but I never thought it would be so short lived.  I really loved the TV until this happened.    Any other suggestions.   Just don't understand why it started doing this all of a sudden - there doesn't appear to have been a firmware/software update last week.
0 Kudos
kuku91745
Level 7

"icantremember" wrote:
... disabling the menu sounds seems to have fixed the audio dropouts.

This did not work for me.

Also tried Settings -> Audio -> S/PDIF and ARC -> PCM-Stereo. That didn't work either.

For me the sound cuts out intermittently when I watch Netflix and Amazon Prime. It does not happen with CBSN -- but CBSN seems to pause and show the "Loading..." sign more often than it used to.

Somebody HELP!
Roku TV 7104X
TCL model 49S403
0 Kudos
Icosahedral
Level 7

Had this problem when running my Roku 3 to a Visio Smart TV, except I was getting more silence than sound.  Discovered that the problem went away if I set the video mode to 720 instead of 1080p.  Also, half the time when I tried to use 1080 the screen would be fuzzy/staticky and flicker.  Tried different cables, no effect.  The video (either 720 or 1080, when it worked properly) was always smooth; I can only assume that the data stream prioritizes video over audio.
0 Kudos
kuku91745
Level 7

The problem went away. Not sure what happened.
Roku TV 7104X
TCL model 49S403
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

Some Roku devices, including TVs, received an update the past day or so. I've heard that it resolved some audio issues for others, so perhaps that was your fix as well. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
ihatetivo
Level 7

I experience drop-outs on my 55" TCL Roku TV when watching YouTube, Amazon, and live TV.  Very frustrated that such a new TV has such basic issues.  I will see if the software update is available when I get home and report back.
0 Kudos
jharpur
Level 7

Same audio drop out issues. TCL 6 Series 55".
0 Kudos
hubrunner
Level 7

I have also been experiencing audio dropouts.  I have a Roku 3 (Model 4200X) updated to release 9.0.0 Build 4142-04.  I run the feed to my Yamaha TSR-7810 and from the receiver to my speakers and to a Sony TV.

The sound cuts out for a second regularly and makes streaming unwatchable. It happens on all streaming services...Directv Now, Amazon etc.

I tried the same streaming services via Chromecast and it worked perfectly so it is definitely the Roku.

After seeing on this forum that turning off Menu sounds helps (Settings-Audio-Menu Volume-Off), I tried that and it seems to be working so far.

Thank you to the forum! This was driving me crazy and I had just about given up on the Roku.
0 Kudos