Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gimmpy04
Level 7

Re: Roku TV Audio Dropouts

I have a TCL Roku (43S517) with a Yamaha (RX V-479) receiver connected via ARC (HDMI 3 on TV). Audio is fine when watching thru my AT&T box which is hooked up to my receiver. When using the built in apps on the Roku TV however the sound skips for a second or two ever 10 seconds or so. I notice on my receiver when the audio skips the left and right speaker icon disappears and then reappears once the skips over. The video however is fine and doesn't stop when the audio cuts out. I have changed the audio options on the TV and it still skips on any option i try (AUTO, DD, DD+, ETC). Going to try and disable the menu sounds as someone has mention that could be the fix.
0 Kudos
Gimmpy04
Level 7

Re: Roku TV Audio Dropouts

Turning off the Menu Audio did not work for me. However using an optical cable instead of HDMI arc fixed the issue with the audio dropping out. Will have to possible try a different HDMI cable if i want to get ARC to work correctly.
0 Kudos
meebzorp
Level 8

Re: Roku TV Audio Dropouts (SUCCESS!)

I'm hoping this helps someone else, as I finally figured out how to stop:

1) Flashing black screen after Roku boots and

2) the 2 seconds of silence every minute or so on my Roku Ultra.

I tried everything described here such as changing HDMI cables, turning off menu clicks, etc. 

The fact that this started occurring after I hooked up a brand new TV and changing some settings (such as HDMI pass-through for audio and power), I knew it was something that I had inadvertently messed up somehow.

After spending a week changing back one setting at a time, I finally had a eureka moment. 

Here's the screenshot:roku_cap.JPGChoose a resolution!

As soon as I changed from Auto detect to a specific resolution, Voila!, all of my flashing and audio issues disappeared. 

If I had to guess, I'd say that the auto detect function in some installations keeps trying to detect a new resolution periodically. This causes the flashing and the audio dropout. It;s been 5 days and the none of the issues have reared their ugly head again, and I've even rebooted the Ultra a couple of times just to make sure.

Try it...

The Meebster

So how do they get Teflon to stick to the pan?
Telo62
Level 8

Meez... I think your logic works, however, I've tried EVERYTHING including the resolution game and eventually it goes back to glitching. I haven't figured out the trigger yet, because it works on every channel and even when I'm browsing channels. The only time it doesn't glitch is when it's on the fish tank Screensaver. Thank you for your suggestion... You did more than Roku tech support has 😏
meebzorp
Level 8

Telo62, sorry to hear it didn't work for you.

I do hope you get to the bottom of this very frustrating issue. My next step was to try an optical cable as I see some have had success with this, but I don't know if that's a viable option for you.

Here's to a successful outcome...

Meebz

So how do they get Teflon to stick to the pan?
0 Kudos