Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Annie22

Roku TCL TV insanely dim/dark screen

Jump to solution

Waking up this morning I noticed my Roku tcl tv was dim to the point of a black screen. Shining a light on the screen would show the big white lettering slightly better, but any grey/small text is lost to the dark. I honestly havent even touched visual or developer settings before today, so this happened for seemingly no reason, as far as I know. Roku TCL TV Model 40s305.

When turning the tv on it'll flash normal/bright, showing the red "loading" screen clearly, for nearly 1 second, before dimming again. I've reset my settings, replaced my surge protector/tried a normal outlet, I've reset my roku (both with a 1 hour power cycle, and a hard reset from in the settings). I've turned my brightness up & down, and even factory reset my roku tv. When I tried plugging a roku stick into my roku tv, and selecting hdmi 1, it'll show up named "roku #2" but the tv was still dark. I know this tv should work, considering it's bright/normal for a second when it's turning on. It was last updated December 13th and it checked for new updates 2 hours ago, to no avail. I feel like I've tried everything, hoping I can get some suggestions on any other possible solutions.

Tags (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
GeneralMayhem
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku TCL TV insanely dim/dark screen

Jump to solution

Changing the mode with the * button on remote from "vivid" to "movie" mode worked for me.

View solution in original post

Pgoel6uc
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Go to settings, and restart the TV from there. Worked for me twice!

View solution in original post

Tags (2)
63 REPLIES 63
mm10o0

Jump to solution

my tcl roku tv is dim/dark screen,reset everything, not working

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I’m having the same exact problem does anyone know how to fix it?

Colombo233

Jump to solution

Same! Home screen is fine, but as soon as I turn on Live TV or any streaming apps, dark to almost black. Any answers?

Pert_J

Jump to solution

Am I just dumb or has anyone answered this question? I'm only seeing 3 replies, and they are all stating the same problem. Am I looking in the wrong place, or what?

JDOG1976

Jump to solution

SAME PROBLEM

Becky6kidz

Re: Roku TCL TV insanelysame dim/dark screen

Jump to solution

Same TV and same problem!! WTH!!

0 Kudos
Becky6kidz

Jump to solution

We fixed ours by unplugging the TV and waiting 5 minutes and then plugging back in. So it needed a hard reset. 😁

Egeggatt

Jump to solution

It worked! Unplugged TV for 5 minutes and now it is back to normal. Thank you! 

LOVELY38

Jump to solution

Follow these steps to place it on movie mode.

Press * on your remote

Scroll down to PICTURE SETTINGS, then press ok to open

Press right arrow to place tv on Movie mode.

Your color should restored to normal. There are also finer adjustments you can make a that time if u so choose.

picture directions below.

IMG_1026.PNG

IMG_1027.PNG

Hope this helps!!