Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Streaming Stick + keeps resetting itself to factory defaults

@Ebi77

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RebusCom
Channel Surfer

Mine continues to reset.  The only workaround is to unplug it before shutting down the Xbox and TV, and plugging it back in after turning the Xbox and TV back on.  I have a suspicion it has something to do with an interaction between the TV and the Roku.  The TV has developed a habit of switching inputs to the Roku all on it's own from other inputs which is also abnormal, unless the Roku is unplugged.  So now even with everything on I have to unplug the Roku if I want to view the Xbox or attached computer.

0 Kudos
pghgeek
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issue.  I just bought two streaming sticks+ and one is resetting ever couple of days.  The other is fine.  Resetting one is connected to a Sony Android TV, the one not resetting is Vizio. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey @pghgeek

We're here to help!

Please reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku device. It can be found in Settings > System > About or at the back of the stick itself. I'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RebusCom
Channel Surfer

What happens if you swap them?  Does the problem move with the stick or stay with the TV it's connected to?

pghgeek
Reel Rookie

It keeps resetting on the Sony TV.  I am using the TV to power the stick.  Do I need to plug it into an outlet?

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Always plug it into the A/C power. The instructions even say it’s the best way 

0 Kudos
Darcsyde1

Mine just reset for the first time starting today... I hope this isn't the start of a problem... I just got my Roku Streaming Stick+ two months ago almost to the day... (1/29/2022)

Sony Android TV... plugged unto the USB port for power and convenience

The instructions suggest plugging into a wall to keep from 'restarting/rebooting' not completely 'resetting... '

From the Roku site: "Roku streaming players that connect to the USB port on your TV will lose power when the television is turned off. Also, depending on your television, many will lose power when the TV goes into standby. This means that your Roku device must “boot-up” every time the TV is turned on. Although this is generally fast, it can be avoided by connecting the Roku device to a wall power outlet."

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Darcsyde1

Thanks for the post.

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried powering the Roku device to a wall outlet to see if you are still seeing the issue occur?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos